The end of the year always brings a time of reflection and resolutions to better ourselves. We’ve all had that one friend who went a little extreme with the New Year’s resolutions, right? Learning guitar or going to the gym everyday are both big undertakings. Instead, let’s make 2015 the year your firm dedicates to overall improvement.
Build your business initiative for next year by making the next 10 resolutions a reality.
- Bundle up your accounting books! If you are a PCLaw firm administrator, check out the end of the year training package designed for reconciling firm balances. Topics include adjusting entries, closing the month and year policies along with bank or general ledger reconciliation.
- Sign up for Clio! If your firm is looking to start 2015 with a new practice management system, check out Clio. If your firm begins a Clio subscription before December 31 at 9pm, your package will include services such as free data migration support, Product Pro training and certification along with one-on-one onboarding to make sure your new year is full of success.
- Upgrade your Symantec Endpoint Protection! Firms on Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) 11.x will reach end of support on January 5, 2015. Keep in mind this includes all maintenance packs and patches. There is no cost to upgrade for customers with a current maintenance contract.
- Register for next year’s CLE! The American Bar Association offers standout topics for next year with many available as webinars. Register now to start gaining CLE credits early in the year.
- Replace your Server! If you are still working in a Windows Server 2003 environment, make sure to schedule your server migration. This page displays a countdown similar to the ball dropping in Times Square letting you know when support will end on July 14, 2015.
- Check your software tax savings! Between now and January 1, 2015 under Section 179 businesses can take advantage of a tax write-off. Amicus Attorney originally brought this to our attention as they are also offering firms the opportunity to download the 2015 version next year for free if they purchase the Premium Edition now.
- Review your firm’s security! With cybercrime and new attacks being reported daily, make sure to take precautions to review with your information technology team as soon as possible. Learn more about cyber security breaches with this guide designed to help you build a security plan.
- Register for the ABA TECHSHOW! Taking place in Chicago over April 16-18, 2015. This technology Conference and Expo brings the best of the best in legal technology. The expo floor is where you can get face to face time with hundreds of vendors and experts in the field. You can also swing by the Accellis booth to say hi to our team! Check out techshow.com and keep in mind early bird registration ends 3/6/15.
- Plan for next year! This year has been full of legal technology advancements and trends. Check out a recent recap provided by the Legal Talk Network to learn more and brainstorm ideas for 2015.
- Enjoy your time off! If you’re at home considering a movie check out the Lawyerist’s recent collection of the 10 of the Funniest Lawyer-Movie Scenes of All Time.