As a Worldox consultant, I often get asked about what certain terms mean on the platform. Instead of keeping all this knowledge to myself, I’ve decided to compile a list of the most common terms in Worldox. Whether you’re a frequent Worlddox user or just learning the software this glossary is here to help.
Glossary of Basic Worldox Terms
Bookmarks: These are shortcuts to saved searches, folders, or specific lists of documents
- What are bookmarks useful for? Just like bookmarks in your web browser, it’s a fast way to navigate to a custom list. Tip: You can bookmark
Favorites: Worldox makes this a bit confusing, but if something shows on your favorites and you did not actively put it there, then you can think of it as recent.
However, if you actively put something your favorites, then you can think of it as a “bookmark.” But don’t call it that because in Worldox a bookmark is another thing.
- What can you use favorites for? Many people work off recent files or use this to attach or look up files quickly.
Filters: These allow you to filter an extensive list of documents by eliminating or focusing on say PDF’s or all documents for a specific author or date range.
- What can filters do for you? Have you ever run a search that then returned too many documents? Well, you could either reconfigure your search, or you could filter the existing list. Tip: Do you use a filter a lot? Well, you can now bookmark these.
Follow Me Favorites: Think of these as your recent files/matters/cases.
- What will Follow Me Favorites allow me to do? It is another quick way to navigate. If you’ve ever forgotten to bookmark a case on which you were recently working, this feature can subsequently help you get there in a hurry. Tip: It can also make saving easier too.
List Tabs: You can open multiple lists in Worldox the way you can open multiple browser tabs.
- What are your list tabs good for? Well, you can open a second, third or fourth list without losing your place during your busy day.
View (Or Previewer): This allows you to peak at documents quickly.
- What will view help you with? With view, you can now quickly scan or text search documents without opening them. Tip: Use with text search to find keywords quickly.
WorkZone: This is the Worldox drag and drop icon. Anything you drag and drop to this icon, Worldox will save.
- What can your WorkZone help you with? WorkZone can help you get oddball files, or file from a folder or jump drive into Worldox without having to open them. But user beware, there is a limit of 10
Need a Term Defined?
Have a term that you’re still not sure what it means? Comment below, and I’ll be happy to define it and then add it to the list above.